Well here I am in the Facebook naughty corner, reported for abuse and blocked for 7 days just for asking someone I didn’t know to be a friend.
I’ve been on Facebook since 2007, haven’t said much and don’t have many friends, about 50 until last week, I now have 78.
That’s when I got this great idea to get more friends.
Whenever I Google my name, Sean Fraser, I see millions of entries for Sean Fraser. (This is the latest search result. About 13,300,000 results in 0.25 seconds)
My plan was to put these results to use and make as many friends as I could. And as I was reading search number 6 a brain wave hit me. I would connect with every Sean Fraser I could find on Facebook.
1. Sean Fraser (Jamaican footballer) – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Fraser_(Jamaican_footballer)Cached – Similar You +1’d this publicly. Undo Sean Fraser (born 15 February 1983 in Kingston) is a Jamaican soccer player who is currently playing for Alianza in El Salvador Primera Division.
2. THE DOLLS POINT BLOGGER | Sean Fraser seanfraser.wordpress.com/Cached – Similar You +1’d this publicly. Undo 27 Jan 2012 – Posted in life, yummy food | Tagged ice cream, Life, Nutella Pizza, Photography, Pizza, Prima Luna, sean fraser, strawberries, the dolls point …
3. Sean Fraser – Psychologists – Windsor, NSW – Yellow Pages® www.yellowpages.com.au/nsw/…/sean–fraser-13680674-listing.html Similar You +1’d this publicly. Undo Psychologists in Windsor, New South Wales, 2756 – Sean Fraser – Yellow Pages® directory.
4. Sean Fraser profiles | LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Sean/FraserCached – Similar You +1’d this publicly. Undo View the profiles of professionals named Sean Fraser on LinkedIn. There are 25 professionals named Sean Fraser, who use LinkedIn to exchange information, …
5. Sean Fraser – Australia | LinkedIn au.linkedin.com/pub/sean–fraser/32/2b6/929Cached You +1’d this publicly. Undo Brisbane Area, Australia – Construction Manager at Ausmar Homes View Sean Fraser’s (Australia) professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world’s largest business network, helping professionals like Sean Fraser discover …
6. Sean Fraser Profiles | Facebook www.facebook.com/public/Sean–Fraser Cached You +1’d this publicly. Undo View the profiles of people named Sean Fraser on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Sean Fraser and others you may know. Facebook gives people the …
7. Sean Fraser profile page | British Swimming http://www.swimming.org/britishswimming/disability…/sean–fraser/741/Cached You +1’d this publicly. Undo Read all about disability swimmer Sean Fraser. … Sean Fraser. Share this page. Welcome to Sean Fraser’s profile page.
8. Sean Fraser (Have Cynicism, Will Travel) on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/groovageCached You +1’d this publicly. Undo Sean Fraser (Have Cynicism, Will Travel)’s profile on Myspace, the leading social entertainment destination powered by the passion of our fans.
Friends were just out there, all I had to do was get into Facebook and the rest would follow. Well it did, and now I have 78 friends, 29 of them Sean Frasers. All of a sudden I had connected with these other Sean Frasers having great and different lives in far-flung places of the interworld.
It has created a little confusion because my wall is now full of Sean Frasers doing and saying things and I can’t tell who’s who or even who’s me.
So you can imagine how surprised I was when a pop up from Facebook appeared announcing that I had been blocked for sending requests to people I don’t know. I feel like one of the Winklevoss twins, rejected by Zuckerberg and his mates. They should remember that those investing in the social media will have little to sell and no chance of making a buck if we stop using their sites.
I’ve met some of my best friends on the internet, Slamdunk, Vicki, Neil, The Juicer, Timm, Kitty, Pamela, Sartenada, Nadezhda and Xenophilicx.
Friendship is what you make of it and I’d like to thank all the Sean Frasers of the world for being who you are. I don’t care whether you post that you’ve just had a slice of toast, or a shower or a hair cut or you’ve fallen in or out of love or your wife has given birth to your first child or you just post a beautiful picture that captures a moment of joy for you or your family……………..just keep posting what happens in your life and adding friends. What could be the harm?
Maybe I’ll have to wait until I get to the nursing home where, I understand, you can talk to anyone , even if you don’t know them.
Thanks to all the Sean Frasers, sorry if I have inadvertently offended you.